Monday, January 19, 2009

Looking for perfection

I'm back in Brooklyn. My computer, however, is still in Pennsylvania, with my errant father, who called me this morning to ask for the password to log on to the computer. Which means, for the past week and a half, my father has been in possession of my computer and not looked at it once. On the silver lining side: I find myself fortunate to have a roommate with a fairly nice mac laptop, and she lets me use it.

Unfortunately, my roommate is getting married. Hopefully, by the time she does, I'll have my laptop back. With my father, who knows. Since my roommate is leaving me and I'm still a full-time student who barely makes enough to eat and take public transportation, I need to find a new roommate. I have specific qualifications, and believe me, you don't qualify. I'm hoping that the snooty girl who just called me fifteen minutes ago and who is coming on Thursday to look at the apartment doesn't qualify either. I'm looking for the perfect roommate. As more and more people contact me about the room, time restrictions aside, I'm fairly certain she doesn't exist. Sigh. Looking for a roommate is sort of like shopping for Mr. or Miss Right. One creates this image in one's head that is totally smashed by the real-life options.

Coming up -- when my computer is delivered safely back into my hands -- more updates! Photos! Pretty illustrations created in Adobe Illustrator! I took a picture of this amazing bruise on my knee, the residue of rock climbing on Saturday, but I can't post it yet. When I can, I'll give you the full story as well. A little teaser -- it was GREAT. I am so sore. I can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

senojsitruc said...

Where did you go rock climbing?

Elizabeth said...

A health club near 10th Avenue in the city. $40 for a lesson and run of the walls. If you want more specific details about the health club, Matt B set it up; I know nothing.

I think we're going to try to get another group together at some point, if you would like to come!

Elanor said...

Rock climbing! Fun! Good luck with the roomie thing!

senojsitruc said...

Yeah ... let me know if you hear anything about another trip.