Thursday, April 2, 2009

I had some wine

It's been forever and a day since the last time I posted, and it's always my luck that I leave something on an awkward note. I feel like awkward has charactered my life for the past-- hmm, 11 years or so, and instead of developing more confidence, I only develop more awkwardness.

Life continues, nevertheless, and plenty has happened and will continue to happen. I only hope that my writing will continue to improve. Since the beginning of March, I've done badly on papers and tests, grown frustrated with students who don't do their preparation work, been a bridesmaid, turned down a request from a guy who 'wanted to get to know me better,' moved to another apartment, experienced the occasional freak out over my future, experienced the successful publication of at least three college newspaper issues, started to write more stories, and thought wistfully about drawing more.

I am going to try to post every day this month -- going to try to see if I can discipline myself -- and force myself to practice writing. I wish I weren't as horribly insecure as I am, because then I could just say, this is how I am, deal with it biotches, but I know I can always improve.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if any of this made any sense at all, but the month of April for me isn't about making sense but trying to enforce discipline.

I'm not sure how far I'll get because Spring Break starts next week, my sisters are coming to visit me, and although I have all sorts of grandiose plans for doing homework and organizing my life, I'm sure none of it will get done.

No comments: