Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm getting him the LOTR trilogy, plus The Hobbit, 'cause he's too cute

My 13-year-old brother, David, has a girlfriend. Her name is Meghan. He asked her out, and he picked her because of her personality and looks. They’ve been dating for a week and a couple of days.

“So,” he said after giving me the low-down, “How’s your love life?”

I laughed. “Nonexistent. But there’s this guy I’ve been talking to.”

M My 13-year-old turned 30-year-old brother then gave me some advice:

  1. You can’t pursue the guy because some guys don’t respect you if you pursue them.
  2. You have to let him know somehow that you like him and that you wouldn’t mind having a relationship with him.

“How do you let – how would I, as the girl, let him know I wouldn’t mind having a relationship with him?” I asked, bemused.

“I have no clue. You just have to let him know somehow,” he said.

“How did Meghan let you know?”

“She didn’t.”

“So how did you know to ask her out?”

“We’ve been friends for awhile, so I decided to take the gamble,” he said, suddenly becoming 35.

“Will you take her on a date?

“If I had any money. I’m getting a job soon. But we do hang out a lot. I went to the dance with her. And I see her everyday in school. We have the same lunch block.”

“Where do you see this relationship going?”

“Good.”

“David, I love you. You’re so cute.”

No comments: