Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why I might be turning into one of THOSE

I originally started this post with some tripe about how everyone believes themselves talented in some extraordinary way, all because of the Internet. I am one of those people--not so much because of the Internet, but because I wish that I were truly special in some unique way. Reality bites.

But that's not what I really wanted to say.

I wanted to share some amazing photography from people who are undeniably, incredibly talented.

This is Rosie:

Autumn

This is Aaron:

Butterfly

I learned about them through an MSN article, and I quickly became obsessed. They are amazing. Before they met (Rosie is in England; Aaron in the US), they would photoshop themselves into one picture:

Photos

I believe I am becoming one of those sappy, hopeless romantics.

Ewww. (Updated to add: Now that I've thought about it for all of five seconds, I believe that perhaps I was always a hopeless romantic. Just one who never showcased this side of me because I am also a realist/pessimist/whatever, and romantic and realist do not mix. Have I just realized something about myself? I'm going to go think about it for another five seconds. No, really, blogging is like therapy for free.)

At any rate, I appreciate and adore their story and their photos because it means that magic does exist.

Even if I continue to stick my foot in my mouth daily.

2 comments:

Leah said...

OK i went out last night with Mikey to see "He's Just Not That Into You," and the completely adorable and endearing Gigi said so many things that made me think of you. If it's still playing next week can I take you to the movies one night? :) xxoo

Elizabeth said...

Awww! Yes, absolutely. If it's not playing, we shall rent it as soon as it comes out on DVD. =) =)