Sunday, November 9, 2008

There's no point here. Go read somewhere else.

I like animals. I really do. I'm just not sure how capable I am when it comes to taking care of one for an extended period of time--say, years. After all, I once had a lovebird and after some time I gave it to my younger brother, in whose possession the poor thing met an untimely death when my dad exposed it to the chill of a Pennsylvanian winter night. Or so the story goes.

I like cute, baby animals. That's about as far as I go. Then, some months ago, I found the perfect pet. I'm not sure why I was digging around for a pet. I don't even intend to get a pet. I suppose I merely accidentally stumbled across it. But if I ever did seriously think about getting a pet (besides a kitten from my favorite California pals), it would be this.

All hypothetical, of course. I can't afford nor do I have the time for a pet right now. Yet, a mini hedgehog is nocturnal, cute, cuddly, clean, and could fit in the palm of my hand, or so they claim. Sounds perfect to me.

Today, I found a blogger who claims to want a miniature hippo. In my opinion, the only thing weirder than wanting a miniature hedgehog is wanting a miniature hippo. Yet, she linked to this:


Now, in my opinion, the only thing cuter than a miniature hedgehog is a miniature hippo.

And that's the weirdest post I've ever posted at 2:30 a.m. Good night.

No comments: